Think and Grow Rich!:The Original Version, Restored and Revised™ Kindle Edition
Now fully annotated and indexed.
Napoleon Hill (1883-1970) is one of the founding fathers of the self-motivation movement. His Think and Grow Rich! is the most widely acclaimed, influential book on personal success ever published. It has never been out of print since 1937 and has sold an estimated 100 million copies worldwide.
I thought Think and Grow Rich! was a classic and could never be improved. I was wrong. I am sure Dr. Hill would be greatly pleased to see how his work has been honored and enhanced by this outstanding new edition.” — Wally Amos, author and founder of Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
Unlike most versions of Napoleon Hill’s famous book, this edition restores his masterpiece to its original form and intent. It includes essential material on how to thrive in challenging economic times that was taken out of later versions but is incredibly relevant today. This is the only edition of Think and Grow Rich! that is fully annotated and indexed, providing key details about Dr. Hill’s life and times, his lifelong research, and the leaders of business and industry he studied to glean the invaluable principles of success you’ll discover here.
Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised™–
* is the only fully annotated version of Hill’s 1937 masterpiece
* contains 52 pages of endnotes not found elsewhere, representing 10 years of research about Hill and his era, the Think and Grow Rich Philosophy, and the use of the “Carnegie Secret” to achieve success and accumulate wealth
* faithfully restores sections of the original 1937 text that were cut out of the book in the 1960s
* is “revised” only in correcting errors found in the original edition and to correct instances of inappropriate or obsolete (for today) language
* offers one of the only and the most comprehensive index in any edition and the book’s first appendix
* contains never-before published photographs concerning Hill, including his family burial site
WHY THIS EDITION OF “Think and Grow Rich!” IS SPECIAL AND UNIQUE:
If you search online or in a bookstore for Think and Grow Rich!, the first thing you notice is there seem to be an awful lot of different versions – most for sale, some free.
What’s important to know is that there are three versions, or categories, of Napoleon Hill’s book available. How to know which to get?
1. FIRST, there’s the original text of the book, a “public domain” work that is published by numerous people in the U.S. and abroad. It is available online, in print, and in bookstores and libraries.
This version is not copyright-protected. Most of these editions are simply verbatim renditions of the 1937 text. As such, they contain obsolete language and terminology (from the 1920s and 1930s). They contain typographical and grammatical errors and occasionally also language that today may be considered racist or sexist, but wasn’t in 1937.
Many of these so-called “original editions” are also a “blend” of material. They “intermix” or alternate Hill’s original text with entirely new material that was not written by Hill nor ever intended by him to be included in his book.
These various versions tend not to read well, as they jump around and back and forth, in confusing and distracting ways, between Hill’s original words and other material that has been basically “cut and pasted” into his text. Some publishers have simply attached a public figure’s name, photo, and a few paragraphs of comments to the book and then marketed it as a “celebrity” edition with nothing else added. With all these books, it pays to remember that you get what you pay for.
2. NEXT, there’s an abridged version of the book (published by Hill in 1960) and also widely available today online and in bookstores. It is a copyrighted version of the book, but one from which Hill deleted substantial sections from his original that were thought at the time to “date” the book. It was for many years a popular and widespread version of the book, but its major shortcoming is that it is incomplete, and it contains many of the same flaws noted above.
3. THEN THERE IS the copyrighted Mindpower Press edition ―Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised™. It restores Hill’s book to its original form and content. (Some obsolete passages are included in the endnotes, rather than the main text, but all of Hill’s original 1937 material is included.) This version is fully copyright-protected by the U. S. Copyright Office.
Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised™ is THE ONLY FULLY ANNOTATED VERSION of Dr. Hill’s masterpiece ever published (with more than 52 pages of endnotes representing 10 years of research), and has the book’s first comprehensive appendix and index.
It is not only true to the original 1937 Napoleon Hill manuscript, in tone, visual design, and readability, as well as content, but it also solves the problem of textual errors and language and terminology that are meaningless or offensive to today’s readers. Very minor and unobtrusive changes such as these are what is meant by the word “Revised” in the book’s subtitle. They are made for “readability” reasons, not for “political correctness” or “abridgment” in any way.
Which version of Think and Grow Rich! you choose really boils down to three choices. When you’re deciding which one to purchase, think about which is not just special, but also unique.
File Size: 1399 KB
Print Length: 418 pages
Publisher: Mindpower Press (April 2, 2015)
Publication Date: April 2, 2015
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Word Wise: Enabled
Lending: Not Enabled
Screen Reader: Supported
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #31,309 Paid in Kindle Store
Price is subject to change; current on Amazon at the time of this listing.